10th February 2021
Flipping perfect pancakes
Pancake Day, aka Shrove Tuesday, is almost upon us. Whether you prefer them savoury or sweet, pancakes are deliciously inoffensive (depending on your choice of topping) and simple to make. Check out this recipe to create perfectly flippable pancakes at home.
- 125g sieved plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml full-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey or golden syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ a vanilla pod
- Add the vanilla pod, honey/golden syrup and eggs to a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add the flour, sugar and salt to the bowl.
- Add 100ml of milk to the bowl and whisk all the ingredients together.
- Once smooth, gradually add the remaining milk and continue to whisk.
Make sure your batter is smooth before adding the rest of the milk. That's essential to getting your pancakes light and thin.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan and spray with oil spray for an even coating.
- Let the pan heat up a little more, lift the pan and add the batter with a ladle, swirling the pan to thinly coat the base of the pan with batter.
- Return the pan to the heat and cook for 1-1½ minutes, at which time you can then flip your pancake.
- You can try the fun way or use a spatula.
- Cook for a further 1-1½ minutes, then turn out onto a plate.
- Repeat this process until all the batter is used.
How bold will you go with your topping of choice? Weetabix are sure to have a few ideas - beans... marmite... the sky's the limit! We personally vote for good old Nutella and strawberries!
Read more on our blog
Keep up to date with everything going on at our restaurant.