Christmas muffins recipe
12th November 2020
Chef John Brandon will be baking up a storm on a live Zoom call with village owners on Friday afternoon, all in aid of raising money for Children In Need. Why don't you try John's delicious recipe yourself at home?
Our Christmas muffins are a delicious blend of cranberry and cinnamon. If you'd like to make them especially festive, why not buy some ribbon to tie around the cases and dust with icing sugar.
200g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
150g caster sugar
A pinch of salt
75g dried cranberries or blueberries or 150g fresh blueberries
Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir together
80ml vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon powder
Blend the wet ingredients together until smooth, using an electric whisk or Kitchen Aid
1. Add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir together.
2. Blend the wet ingredients together until smooth, using an electric whisk or Kitchen Aid.
3. Add the blended dry ingredients to the wet ingredients already in your mixing bowl. Mix quickly but very briefly until blended. It’s important not to over mix the ingredients - 10-15 seconds should do it.
4. Split the mix between 8 large muffin cups or 12 small muffin cups/cases.
5. Sprinkle the top with a little demerara sugar and cinnamon powder mixed together.
6. For small muffins, bake in a pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes at 185 C.
7. For large muffins, bake for 15-18 minutes at 185 C.
To finish, shower with a dusting of icing sugar for that really festive effect.
Don't forget Children In Need - Friday 13th November.
Here is the official BBC Children In Need website if you wish to donate.
You can also donate via text or phone during the BBC Children In Need broadcast on Friday evening.
Keep up to date with everything going on at our Malvern restaurant.